One More Thing
OK. This is my third, and last post today. Scroll right down to see what kind of day I've had. Or better yet, go down to the first post of the day and work your way up. Whatever.
I got the place all tidied up tonight. Lit candles. Built a lovely fire in the fireplace. Put some mulled cider on the stove to heat. The kids would soon be here. It was 7:45. The phone rang. It was Dan.
"The turkey just came out of the oven, Dad. We're still at mum's. We haven't eaten yet. Sorry."
I guess it'll be 10:00 or later when they finally arrive. I've been waiting all day for them. Oh well. The gifts have waited this long. They can wait another two hours.
The best bit is that I'll have both kids here with me. Safe. Away from their mother.
Gosh, that sounds awful, doesn't it?
I don't care. She spoiled Dan's birthday in September. She spoiled his homecoming from the hospital in November. And now she's taken Christmas away from me.
You know, Ms J. I should be praying for Kelly as much as I pray for my son. But I don't like that woman. I don't like her at all.

6 Comments:
I hope that things are going better for you and yours today, Dale. Doesn't seem that it could get much worse. Hang in there, and enjoy the moments when they present themselves.
You could consider putting a password on your computer rather than having to hide the modem. I wish you the best with the boy. I don't envy you the task ahead, but you seem to be just the kind of caring, compassionate, and resourceful Dad that he needs.
Your health system sounds about as good as ours these days, Dale. I hope Dan and Meagan do arrive, no matter how late. You are obviously a very caring and loving Dad, just what they both need right now. Be strong for them.
I don't know what to say Dale. I hope they turn up sooner or later and that you can at least spend some time together and keep them safe. They are so lucky to have you. Be strong Dale and know your friends are thinking of you. xx
we will make it... because we MUST make it. Christmas is just a day, not yer best this year obviously, but it's the tomorrows and next months and next years that WE.. the parents, shall prevail in. mucho schmoochos... read yer email. (that was a good suggestion to password protect, then enforce with just Dad stuff)
I found your blog by accident. I'm so sorry that this is such an incredibly tough time for you, and I do hope it comforts you that you clearly have friends who love you and who will pray for you and your family. God loves your son, and wants the best for him (and you, too).
You've got the consistency and focus Dan needs to see and feel. I'm sorry you had a disappointing Christmas Day. I have a couple of people in my life right now who are consistently testing my work to be a good Christian. They seem to be winning.
Post a Comment
<< Home