The End?
I honestly don't know what more to say. Often I think of this space and try to conjure something of interest to fill it. But alas, my imagination remains void. Obstinately so. Continually so. I wonder how many people check in here to find the same dull entry they found last time. It's disheartening, isn't it? Eventually, it becomes annoying.
I've considered deleting this blog. I have not come to any firm decision yet, but I think it's significant that I've even considered it.
My Life is, at the moment, utterly unremarkable. I have a brilliant job, good friends, a healthy romance. My kids are ... well, they read this page sometimes. My kids are fine. I ...
I don't know what to tell you, Ms J. Truly, I am at a loss.
I have nothing to tell you. Or more accurately, nothing I can tell you. Even my private journal has suffered lately.
When my kids weren't talking to me and I was fired from my job and my leg was broken ... well, those were exciting times, eh? Horrible to be sure, but horribly exciting. Now things are fine. I'm happy. But contented people leading happy Lives are most probably boring. And if things were horrible again, it would involve my children, my ex-wife, or my employer, none of whom I can safely write about anymore.
It's been a good run, Ms J. More than a thousand posts over four years. But maybe, just maybe it's time to call it quits.
Hmmm?
***

7 Comments:
I will miss your posts!!!!!
Keep in touch!!!!!
I'll sure miss your posts if you stop blogging. Maybe you could do a "quarterly" blog!
You know I did stand up comedy for a while and once I met my husband I stopped primarily because I didn't have material! No one wanted to sit around drinking cocktails and listen to how happy I was. Sure, they loved me when I was getting divorced, beginning to date, had teenage kids with angst, but once I got "happy" there was little to say any more
So, I do "get it" although you will be sorely missed. We started blogging about the same time and I feel like you're extended family in a way.
I understand and empathise with your position! I'd say leave it up and just post when you feel like it. It would be very sad to delete it for you and us readers.
We'll keep in touch either way!
Oh Dale, NO! You wonder if people still come by and I for one am one who does, albeit infrequently and quietly. Of course I understand the reasons for stopping, but I would miss the familiarity. I concur with the others that it would be better if you just leave the space idle rather than delete, just in case you feel like peeking in for yourself and leaving a calling card at the door! Thank you for all the years we've explored blogger together.
Why not just keep in touch with a monthly update for a while? That way, if calamity strikes and you need to blog, we're all here.
Glad things are going well for you though, at least as far as we can tell.
Besides, that's such a great header. Surely, you'd hate to waste it. :)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home