Universal Ebb and Flow
Morning, Ms J.
In the pre-dawn quiet this morning, as I lay in my bed awaiting the alarm clock's reveille, a thought occurred to me. It was just a phrase at first, but it gradually built into a thought. A concept. An aphorism, I suppose. Words to live by.
"It's just the ebb and flow of The Universe."
You see, I'd been thinking about my mercurial moods lately. Up one day and the next day down. In this moment, I feel content and secure, and in the next, fearful and anxious. The evidence is here in the posts I've offered these past few days. (Weeks?) Neil. My job. My employer. The play. Meagan. Daniel. Even the weather. My moods have been up and down like - if you'll pardon my crude comparison, a whore's drawers on payday.
"It's just the ebb and flow of The Universe."
The Universe, although seemingly quite ordered, is constantly changing: Day becomes night and then day again. The seasons change, winter to spring and spring to summer. Fall leads us irrevocably toward the death of winter where we wait in the cold and dark until spring arrives and nature is born anew. Rivers that roll and boil after spring rain and melted snow, are reduced in summer's heat to mere trickles. The moon waxes and wanes. Ocean tides flow in and out. We spend time in both sleep and wakefulness. We laugh and we cry, our tears evaporating and returning to the heavens from whence they came only to fall again as rain. Or snow. Or tears.
It seems to me, Ms J, that it's entirely appropriate, right even, that my moods change too.
"It's just the ebb and flow of The Universe."
And in the end, all will be well. This I know. All things are, and will be, well.
***


5 Comments:
Hello Dale:
Are you writing this right now? Your post says 4:41 am, and it's 9:41 am here in the UK, which is the same time.
Very poetic post. You're quite a deep thinker, aren't you?
Yep, with words like "Like a whores drawers on payday", can't get any deeper thinking than that!
Very balanced post, glad you're a happy rested soul today :o)
Ah yes, you've got a point Michelle - not really the part I was thinking of. :-) But Dale wouldn't be Dale if he didn't throw in a bit of down-to-earthness, would he? Lest we should thing he's getting too lost in his high-falutin' ideas.
I meant 'think', not 'thing'. OK, enough posting comments, on to some work...
Or a bride's nightie on her honeymoon.
Post a Comment
<< Home