A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sunday. Dusty Sunday.

After church this morning, I came home and looked at my dirty house. It's really getting bad, Ms J. There's mud on the floor by the front door, a reminder of my garden work last week. The kitchen floor needs vacuuming. So do the rooms upstairs. I have dust bunnies nearly as big as Buicks under my bed. The bathroom is filthy. I'm aware of it all, but I just can't find the motivation required to address it.

I've been spending so much time writing and rehearsing this play, that when I'm home I don't want to do housework. I used to be so fastidious. I used to keep a very tidy home, and I suppose I will again, but I've been so busy lately.

Is this a cop-out, Ms J? Am I making excuses for my indolence?

It's in times like this when I see the benefits in living alone.

***

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

I can relate. Sigh. I turned a blind eye on alot of messes this weekend, 'cause I just didn't have the energy to do anything about it. Maybe tomorrow...

28 May 2006 at 22:42  
Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

uiedpfvi
I call em dust dinosaurs...

1 June 2006 at 23:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home