A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, May 26, 2006

A Day of Rest ... Sort of

Yaaaaaaawwn. It's Friday, Ms J. Friday. Hmmm. I had to type that word four times before I got it right. My eyes won't stay open. Thet feel like tey're full of sand. Man, I'm tired. I've been rehearsing every night this week. Rehearsals run til 11:00 some nights and I just can't seem to get enough rest. When I finally lay down to nap during the day, I can't idle my mind.

I'll go to work now and climb into an empty coach and close the doors behind me. I'll take time for my morning meditation and prayer and then curl up on the seats and try to catch forty winks before we arrive at Hamilton.

This morning, when I get home after my first shift, I've got to visit some local businesses to try and sell ad space in our printed programme. This is one way we've devised to help offset the production costs of the play. I also want to spend some time memorizing lines. And this house is a mess! There's laundry and dirty dishes to attend to. I did mow the lawn, though, so it looks like someone lives here now.

There's no rehearsal planned for tonight, thank goodness. But we'll practice seven hours on Saturday and five on Sunday.

I know. Breathe. Breathe. Br ... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh poo! Now I'm late for work!

***

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hot bath, glass of red & early to bed!

26 May 2006 at 08:06  
Blogger PBS said...

Hope you caught up on your sleep by now! Have a great weekend!

27 May 2006 at 10:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home