A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, January 26, 2006

One Final Note

Ring ring.

"Hello?"

"I have a suggestion, Dale. It's a way that we can work things out, if you'll listen without hanging up on me."

A faint glimmer of Hope, I thought. Very faint, but a glimmer of Hope nonetheless.

"If you want to speak constructively, Kelly, if you want to speak without threats and without offense and about putting things right, I'm all ears. Please go ahead."

"You've got to stop treating me like shit, Dale. You've got to realise that I'm a good person. I was a good wife. I missed my mother's funeral because I was making you a sandwich ...."

More drivel. The glimmer faded quickly and was gone. I moved the phone away from my ear to ignore the rubbish she was spewing, and when I listened again a few seconds later ...

"It's no use. I'll just have to get a restraining order."

And she hung up the phone.




A mediator, eh?

What would a mediator do? Make her stop smoking pot? Make her stop screaming at the kids? Make her stop her hysterics, her tears, her self-pity? Would a mediator help her get a job? Would a mediator stop her lies? Her denial? Her pathetic need of a man in her Life constantly? Would a mediator help her to speak coherently?

She is dead to me. She has ceased to exist. Please don't visit this blog again to read about the latest mis-adventures of someone who was once a part of my Life. She is no longer a part of my Life, no longer reasonable, no longer of sound mind. To me, dear readers, she is simply no longer. Kelly is DEAD.

You have read my final post about her.

***

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow..but have you thought about what this means in terms of your kids? i mean im sure you have...but wow..thats final..im just asking is all

26 January 2006 at 15:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. This must be tough on you.

26 January 2006 at 15:17  
Blogger Terri said...

I don't like her. She reminds me of my sister. She "is" my sister. My sister is a meth addict and her two kids, 11 and 8, are constantly pulled between the two of us. It's disgusting and yet talking to her , well, I might as well talk to a rock. The problem is, the kids. I can't abandon them. You can't abandon Meagan. And, I know you won't. Just sometimes you have to get it out and sometimes you just have to imagine wringing their little drug addicted necks huh? BTW, I don't know who "anonymous" is (Gutsy post huh? Especially when the person speaks of maturity and then leaves a comment anonymously) but they obviously are, aside from being immature, inexperienced in these things. They have no idea. I on the other hand, unfortunately, completely "get it." Take care Dale. And, hang in there. She's nuts. Don't let her get the best of you (easier said than done I know)

26 January 2006 at 21:45  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

A mediator would be a go-between because things go wrong when you guys talk to each other.

Anyway, this line just about had me ROTFL. "I missed my mother's funeral because I was making you a sandwich."

26 January 2006 at 22:27  
Blogger Zette said...

restraining order, huh? That's seems so outrageous, yet I'm sure she could/would convince someone you were deserving of it, so I'd try to beat her to the punch and at least contact a lawyer. Just my two cents, hun.

Any word from the school/principal?

The sandwich quote would make a great country western song, dont-cha-think? LOL!

27 January 2006 at 03:06  
Blogger Donna said...

I'm laughing about the funeral and the sandwich because it's easier than trying to find some words of comfort. Thinking of you and feeling for you. I'm not religious and don't do praying, but I guess that it's as close to prayer as you'll ever get from me!!

27 January 2006 at 05:01  
Blogger Kris said...

WOW! I am sorry you have to go through this. It seems that we all have someone like that in our lives. It is porbably good that you leave her be, she seems beyond unstable. As for a restraining order...HAHAHAHAHA...when people actually REALLY NEED one you can't even get one, so good luck to her. I think you probably have a better chance of getting one against her (or her committed for the childrens' sakes). YIKES.

K.

27 January 2006 at 12:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home