A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, January 06, 2006

On My Mind Today

Friday. Finally. It’s been a short week, Ms J, but it’s felt much longer. I’ve been doing battle daily with these allergy symptoms. Each day, my mouth burns for a couple of hours. All day, it tastes bad. Acidic. I brush my teeth and drink water and eat bread in hopes of soaking up the acid, but it doesn’t help much. I can notice an improvement, though. The symptoms are getting less each day, and don’t seem to last as long. So that’s good. I’m taking only half a prednisone pill per day, as prescribed. I have one and a half pills left, enough for three more days. I called my doctor today to enquire about an appointment with an allergist.

“We’ve called Dr. Ho’s office, Dale,” I was told. “We’re just waiting for them to call us back with an appointment time.”

So that’s in the works. I wonder how long I’ll have to wait to see this guy?




I spoke with Brian at Controlled Comfort Air this morning. He says everything is ready for Tuesday. That’s the day when I’ll get my new gas furnace.

“The removal crew is scheduled for 7:00 a.m.,” he said. “As soon as they get rid of your old oil furnace and tank, the installation guys will start hooking up the new unit. They should be done by 4:00.”

I’ve got about an eighth of a tank of fuel oil left, Ms J. I sure hope that’s enough to last until Tuesday. The weather has turned cold again. It’s currently minus 9C in Mimico. I’m cold, but I’m trying to make do with the oil I have. I don’t want to buy more, only to have the men pump it out on Tuesday.




We had a full dress rehearsal for the play in Oakville last night. I think it went pretty well. So well in fact, that the director has cancelled a rehearsal planned for tonight. Yippee! I’m going now to collect my best girl, Meagan. She’ll spend the weekend here with me. I suppose I’ll have to raise the thermostat a little to suit her. OK. A lot.

This play will be expensive. The furnace too. I’ll have to take the whole day off work on Tuesday. On Wednesday, we’ll have our big dress rehearsal, with lights and sound and the whole she-bang. At the theatre. I’ll take the afternoon off for that. The show opens on Thursday, the 12th. I’ll take the afternoon off again. There’s another performance on Friday night, so that’ll cost me another half day. Two full days pay, gone! That’ll hurt.

But I’ll have a new furnace, finally. And our play will be absolutely fabulous!

Maybe I'll post a picture of my character, Police Chief Andy Campbell, in costume and gathering with the men for a drink in the back room of Howard's Hardware. Raglan, Saskatchewan. 1948.

OK. Off I go to get my girl. Bye!

***

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

You two crazy kids have a great weekend :o)

6 January 2006 at 16:32  
Blogger Terri said...

Hey Dale! Just dropping by to wish you a very happy new year. I've missed you and have much to catch up with. Here's hoping you have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I've read some of your trials and tribuations from the past few months and it's obvious you're plate is piled high and overflowing. I don't know how you've managed it all but you seem, as always, to get through it with your usual style and grace. Good to "see" you and spent some time here catching up....

7 January 2006 at 01:22  
Blogger PBS said...

You sound very busy, as always. Good that the allergy symptoms are lessening, and a new furnace is great, too. Hope you do post a photo of your character!

7 January 2006 at 10:26  
Blogger Jennytc said...

Yes, post your photo!

9 January 2006 at 02:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home