Brilliant!
We were brilliant last night, Ms J. The audience was warm and receptive and we gave them a really good show. The energy levels began to wane a bit in the second act, but when the "lads" gathered on stage, we pumped it up a bit.
Nobody missed a line. There were no obvious late entrances. I heard of no glitches with lights or sound. It was just a really good show. Now, if we can maintain or exceed that level of excellence tonight and tomorrow and for four more shows next week, we'll really have done something we can all be proud of.
After the show, we all gathered at a local pub, The Queen's Head, for drinks and nibblies. That was the first time in the entire process that we've actually had a chance to socialise. Throughout the rehearsals, we've all been working hard, listening, focusing, practicing and there's been little opportunity to visit with each other. It was good, Ms J. Real good.
I've bought three tickets for tonight's performance. My niece, Sherri and her friend are going to see the show. I've asked her to stop and collect Meagan on the way. Scout's seen every play I've ever done, and she's proud of her dear ol' dad. The arrangements were made last minute and although Sherri knows the plan for tonight, I've so far been unable to contact Kelly.
My ex-wife is quite delinquent about returning phone calls. She still suffers a dial-up internet connection which renders her phone useless and ... Well, actually Ms Journal, she doesn't seem to suffer at all with it. The poor souls who might like to contact her are the ones who suffer. I wonder if it's just me, or does she ignore all the people who leave repeated voice mail after enduring her breathy greeting? I'll keep trying.
We'll put on a good show again tonight. I'll crank it up for Sherri and Meagan. And yes, Ms J, I do realise it's Friday the thirteenth. We'll speak no more of this.
***

2 Comments:
I'm so glad it went well, Dale.
I echo Jenny, well done!
Post a Comment
<< Home