A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Two Plays!


L-R: Christine, Frankie, Bob, Alex.

I had company for dinner last night. Four friends, actors all. Girl Alex wants to go to South America. Guyana. She hopes to raise enough money to travel there in February. Alex is an adventurous lass. And she loves to help people who are less fortunate than she.

"How do you plan to raise the money, G.A?" I asked her recently.

"I'll put on a play, Dale. I know lots of actors and I love acting too. Yeah. I'll put on a play and sell tickets."

I must admit, Ms J. I was a little skeptical at first. But Alex is a determined young woman. When she puts her mind to something, she generally makes it happen. She has secured a performance/rehearsal space (my church here in Mimico). She has four actors who have committed to the project. She's gotten a band to come out and play. Even her friend/room mate has offered to help. The show will open on November 26.

So now I'm involved in two plays. I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. I adore Girl Alex and I'm so pleased to be able to help her this way. Besides, we've all done this play before. Four years ago, actually. It is the single best play I have ever done. We all loved it the first time round. And we're all looking forward to working together to remount it, albeit a scaled-down version. So last night was our first production meeting. We got a lot of basics sorted out. And we shared a meal together.

I love my friends. I love to act. And I love my Life.

We'll be awesome!

***

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Sounds great! And I do wish G.A. lots of luck in her dreams of going to Africa - it's an AMAZING, life-changing experience.

25 October 2005 at 10:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dale - why are there always more women than men in your dining room. I know - we make you laugh. ajh

25 October 2005 at 22:00  
Blogger Michelle said...

yCongrats sausage!

26 October 2005 at 02:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home